International Standard Version
25 When I turn[a] my attention to you,[b]
I’ll refine your dross as in a furnace.[c]
I’ll remove[d] all your alloy.
26 Let me restore[e] your judges as at the first,
and your counselors as at the beginning.
Afterward you’ll be called ‘The Righteous City’
and ‘The Faithful City of Zion’.[f]
- Isaiah 1:25 So 1QIsaa; LXX MT read And let me turn
- Isaiah 1:25 Lit. my hand against you
- Isaiah 1:25 1QIsaa lacks as in a furnace; MT reads as lye
- Isaiah 1:25 So 1QIsaa 4QIsaf; MT reads Let me remove
- Isaiah 1:26 1QIsaa MT; 4QIsaf reads I will restore
- Isaiah 1:26 So LXX; the Heb. lacks Zion
- Isaiah 1:27 So MT; 1QIsaa reading unclear
- Isaiah 1:27 So 1QIsaa MT 4QIsaf; LXX reads her captivity