1599 Geneva Bible
3 The [c]ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his master’s crib: but Israel hath not known: my people hath not understood.
4 Ah, sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity: a [d]seed of the wicked, corrupt children: they have forsaken the Lord: they have provoked the [e]Holy one of Israel to anger: they are gone backward.Read full chapter
- Isaiah 1:2 Because men were obstinate and insensible, he calleth to the dumb creatures, which were more prompt to obey God’s word, as Deut. 32:1.
- Isaiah 1:2 He declareth his great mercy toward the Jews forasmuch as he chose them above all other nations to be his people and children, as Deut. 10:15.
- Isaiah 1:3 The most dull and brute beasts do more acknowledge their duty toward their masters, than my people do toward me, of whom they have received benefits without comparison.
- Isaiah 1:4 They were not only wicked as were their fathers, but utterly corrupt, and by their evil example infected others.
- Isaiah 1:4 That is, him that sanctifieth Israel.