Disciples’ Literal New Testament
In Moses’ Day Only Those Who Believed Entered The Promised Physical Rest
But the word[c] of hearing did not profit those ones, they[d] not having been united in faith with the ones[e] having heard. 3 For we, the ones having believed[f], enter into the rest, just as He has said: “As I swore in My wrath, they shall never enter into My rest” [Ps 95:11].
And Yet God’s Rest Began On The Seventh Day, Not In Moses’ Day
And-yet, His works have been done since the foundation of the world. 4 For He has spoken somewhere about the seventh day as follows: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works” [Gen 2:2],Read full chapter
- Hebrews 4:2 That is, the word spoken by God about His Son (1:2), to which we must pay more attention (2:1).
- Hebrews 4:2 That is, those in Moses’ day.
- Hebrews 4:2 That is, their subjective hearing of the message. Or, the objective message itself which they heard.
- Hebrews 4:2 That is, Moses’ generation.
- Hebrews 4:2 That is, heard in faith; Moses, Joshua, and Caleb.
- Hebrews 4:3 Then as now, we enter by faith; we are excluded by unbelief.