The Passion Translation
Jesus Brings Many Sons to Glory
10 For now he towers above all creation, for all things exist through him and for him.[a] And that God made him, pioneer[b] of our salvation, perfect through his sufferings, for this is how he brings many sons and daughters to share in his glory.[c] 11 Jesus, the Holy One, makes us holy. And as sons and daughters, we now belong to his same Father,[d] so he is not ashamed or embarrassed to introduce us as his brothers and sisters![e] 12 For he has said,
“I will reveal who you really are[f] to my brothers and sisters,
and I will glorify you with praises
in the midst of the congregation.”
- Hebrews 2:10 The Greek word prepo means “to stand out and tower above.”
- Hebrews 2:10 Or “trailblazer” or “forerunner.” His perfection through sufferings implies that all his sons will come to glorious perfection through hardships. The Aramaic can be translated “the Prince of Life.”
- Hebrews 2:10 Or “bring many children into his glorious state.” Grace gives us the glory that Jesus has. Although it is true that God will not share his glory with another (Isa. 42:8), but in Christ, we are not “another,” we are one with him. See also John 17:22; Rom. 8:29-30.
- Hebrews 2:11 Or “we are all from [out of] one.” That is, we are all out of one Source, God the Father.
- Hebrews 2:11 See Song. 4:9-10; 5:1–2.
- Hebrews 2:12 Or “I will announce your name.” This quote is taken from Ps. 22:22.