New English Translation
7 take note—I have stretched out my hand against you, and I will hand you over as plunder[a] to the nations. I will cut you off from the peoples and make you perish from the lands. I will destroy you; then you will know that I am the Lord.’”
A Prophecy Against Moab
8 “This is what the Sovereign Lord says: ‘Moab[b] and Seir say, “Look, the house of Judah is like all the other nations.” 9 So look, I am about to open up Moab’s flank,[c] eliminating the cities,[d] including its frontier cities,[e] the beauty of the land—Beth Jeshimoth, Baal Meon, and Kiriathaim.Read full chapter
- Ezekiel 25:7 tc The translation here follows the Qere reading: בַּז (baz, “spoil, plunder”). The Kethib reading of the consonantal text, בַּג (bag), is not a word.
- Ezekiel 25:8 sn Moab was located immediately south of Ammon.
- Ezekiel 25:9 tn Heb “shoulder.”
- Ezekiel 25:9 tn Heb “from the cities.” The verb “eliminating” has been added in the translation to reflect the privative use of the preposition (see BDB 583 s.v. מִן 7.b).
- Ezekiel 25:9 tn Heb “from its cities, from its end.”