New English Translation
11 Then you must come to the place the Lord your God chooses for his name to reside, bringing[a] everything I am commanding you—your burnt offerings, sacrifices, tithes, the personal offerings you have prepared,[b] and all your choice votive offerings that you devote to him.[c] 12 You shall rejoice in the presence of the Lord your God, along with your sons, daughters, male and female servants, and the Levites in your villages[d] (since they have no allotment or inheritance with you).[e] 13 Make sure you do not offer burnt offerings in any place you wish,Read full chapter
- Deuteronomy 12:11 tn Heb “and it will be (to) the place where the Lord your God chooses to cause his name to dwell you will bring.”
- Deuteronomy 12:11 tn Heb “heave offerings of your hand.”
- Deuteronomy 12:11 tn Heb “the Lord.” See note on “he” in 12:5.
- Deuteronomy 12:12 tn Heb “within your gates” (so KJV, NASB); NAB “who belongs to your community.”
- Deuteronomy 12:12 sn They have no allotment or inheritance with you. See note on the word “inheritance” in Deut 10:9.