American Standard Version
24 Seventy weeks are decreed upon thy people and upon thy holy city, [a]to finish [b]transgression, and [c]to make an end of sins, and to [d]make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up vision and [e]prophecy, and to anoint [f]the most holy. 25 Know therefore and discern, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto [g]the anointed one, the prince, shall be [h]seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: it shall be built again, with street and moat, even in troublous times. 26 And after the threescore and two weeks shall the anointed one be cut off, and [i]shall have nothing: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and even unto the end shall be war; desolations are determined. 27 And he shall make a firm covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the [j]oblation to cease; and [k]upon the wing of abominations shall come one that maketh desolate; and even unto the full end, and that determined, shall wrath be poured out upon the desolate.Read full chapter
- Daniel 9:24 Or, to restrain
- Daniel 9:24 Or, the transgression
- Daniel 9:24 Another reading is, to seal up.
- Daniel 9:24 Or, purge away
- Daniel 9:24 Hebrew prophet.
- Daniel 9:24 Or, a most holy place
- Daniel 9:25 Hebrew Messiah.
- Daniel 9:25 Or, seven weeks: and threescore and two weeks, it shall be etc.
- Daniel 9:26 Or, there shall be none belonging to him
- Daniel 9:27 Or, meal-offering
- Daniel 9:27 Or, upon the pinnacle of abominations shall be etc.
New American Standard Bible 1995
Seventy Weeks and the Messiah
24 “Seventy [a](A)weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to [b]finish the transgression, to [c]make an end of sin, to (B)make atonement for iniquity, to bring in (C)everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and [d]prophecy and to anoint the most holy place. 25 So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a [e](D)decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until [f](E)Messiah the (F)Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with [g]plaza and moat, even in times of distress. 26 Then after the sixty-two weeks the [h]Messiah will be (G)cut off and have [i]nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will (H)destroy the city and the sanctuary. And [j]its end will come with a (I)flood; even to the end [k]there will be war; desolations are determined. 27 And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of [l](J)abominations will come one who [m]makes desolate, even until a (K)complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who [n]makes desolate.”Read full chapter
- Daniel 9:24 Or units of seven, and so throughout the ch
- Daniel 9:24 Or restrain
- Daniel 9:24 Another reading is seal up sins
- Daniel 9:24 Lit prophet
- Daniel 9:25 Lit word
- Daniel 9:25 Or an anointed one
- Daniel 9:25 Or streets
- Daniel 9:26 Or anointed one
- Daniel 9:26 Or no one
- Daniel 9:26 Or his
- Daniel 9:26 Or war will be decreed for desolations
- Daniel 9:27 Or detestable things
- Daniel 9:27 Or causes horror
- Daniel 9:27 Or causes horror