American Standard Version
23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment went forth, and I am come to tell thee; for thou art [a]greatly beloved: therefore consider the matter, and understand the vision.
24 Seventy weeks are decreed upon thy people and upon thy holy city, [b]to finish [c]transgression, and [d]to make an end of sins, and to [e]make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up vision and [f]prophecy, and to anoint [g]the most holy. 25 Know therefore and discern, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto [h]the anointed one, the prince, shall be [i]seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: it shall be built again, with street and moat, even in troublous times.Read full chapter
- Daniel 9:23 Or, very precious. Hebrew precious things.
- Daniel 9:24 Or, to restrain
- Daniel 9:24 Or, the transgression
- Daniel 9:24 Another reading is, to seal up.
- Daniel 9:24 Or, purge away
- Daniel 9:24 Hebrew prophet.
- Daniel 9:24 Or, a most holy place
- Daniel 9:25 Hebrew Messiah.
- Daniel 9:25 Or, seven weeks: and threescore and two weeks, it shall be etc.