1599 Geneva Bible
9 I beheld till the [a]thrones were set up, and the [b]Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels, as burning fire.
11 Then I beheld, [e]because of the voice of the presumptuous words which the horn spake: I beheld, even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning fire.Read full chapter
- Daniel 7:9 Meaning, the places where God and his Angels should come to judge these Monarchies, which judgment should begin at the first coming of Christ.
- Daniel 7:9 That is, God which was before all times, and is here described as man’s nature is able to comprehend some portion of his glory.
- Daniel 7:10 That is, an infinite number of Angels, which were ready to execute his commandment.
- Daniel 7:10 This is meant of the first coming of Christ, when as the will of God was plainly revealed by his Gospel.
- Daniel 7:11 Meaning, that he was astonied when he saw these Emperors in such dignity and pride, and so suddenly destroyed at the coming of Christ, when this fourth Monarchy was subject to men of other nations.