1599 Geneva Bible
22 In that body of his [c]flesh through death, to make you holy and unblameable, and without fault in his sight.
23 [d]If ye continue, grounded and established in the faith, and be not moved away from the hope of the Gospel, whereof ye have heard, and which hath been preached to [e]every creature, which is under heaven, [f]whereof I Paul am a minister.Read full chapter
- Colossians 1:21 Sanctification is another work of God in us by Christ, in that that he restored us (which hated God extremely, and were wholly and willingly given to sin) to his gracious favor, in such sort, that he therewithall purifieth us with his holy Spirit, and consecrateth us to righteousness.
- Colossians 1:21 The Son.
- Colossians 1:22 In that fleshly body, to give us to understand that his body was not a fantastical body, but a true body.
- Colossians 1:23 This second treatise of this part of the Epistle, wherein he exhorteth the Colossians not to suffer themselves by any means to be moved from this doctrine, showing and declaring that there is nowhere any other true Gospel.
- Colossians 1:23 To all men: whereby we learn that the Gospel was not shut up within the corners of Judea alone.
- Colossians 1:23 He purchased authority to this doctrine by his Apostleship, and taketh a most sure proof thereof, of his afflictions which he suffereth for Christ’s Name to instruct the Churches with these examples of patience.