Disciples’ Literal New Testament
27 For the heart of this people became dull[a], and they hardly[b] heard with their ears, and they closed their eyes, that they might not ever see[c] with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand in their heart, and turn-back, and I shall heal[d] them’. 28 Therefore let it be known to you that this salvation of God was sent-forth to the Gentiles. They[e] also will hear it”. 29 [f]Read full chapter
- Acts 28:27 Or, thick, fat, insensitive.
- Acts 28:27 That is, with difficulty. They are spiritually hard of hearing.
- Acts 28:27 This expresses the purpose of the people. They closed their eyes to God that they might not ever see what they did not want to see, and never have to change their ways and return to God.
- Acts 28:27 Paul places the blame on these Jews for not entering the process that results in spiritual healing: see and hear, understand, and turn back.
- Acts 28:28 Or, And they will listen.
- Acts 28:29 Some manuscripts add ‘And he having spoken these things, the Jews departed, having a great dispute among themselves.’