2 Timothy 1:9-11
1599 Geneva Bible
9 [a]Who hath saved us, and called us with an (A)holy calling, not according to our (B)works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was [b]given to us through Christ Jesus [c]before the (C)world was,
10 But is now made manifest by that appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality unto [d]light through the Gospel.Read full chapter
- 2 Timothy 1:9 He showeth with how great benefits God hath bound us to maintain boldly and constantly his glory which is joined with our salvation, and reckoneth up the causes of our salvation, to wit, that free and eternal purpose of God to save us in Christ which was to come, whereby it should come to pass, that we should at length be freely called of God by the preaching of the Gospel, to Christ the destroyer of death and author of immortality.
- 2 Timothy 1:9 He sayeth that that grace was given us from everlasting, unto which we were predestinate from everlasting. So that the doctrine of foreseen faith and foreseen works, is clean contrary to the doctrine which preached and teacheth the grace of God.
- 2 Timothy 1:9 Before that course of years, which hath run on ever since the beginning of the world.
- 2 Timothy 1:10 Hath caused life and immortality to appear.
- 2 Timothy 1:11 That is, the Gospel which the Apostle preached.