2 Corinthians 5:3-5
Disciples’ Literal New Testament
3 inasmuch[a] as we, having taken-off [b] this tent, shall not be found naked[c]. 4 For indeed we, the ones being in the tent[d], are groaning, being burdened, because we do not want to take-off [e] our earthly tent, but to put on our heavenly dwelling over it, in order that the mortal may be swallowed-up by the life. 5 And the One having made us for this very thing is God, the One having given us His pledge: the Spirit.Read full chapter
- 2 Corinthians 5:3 Or, since indeed.
- 2 Corinthians 5:3 Some manuscripts say having put-on the heavenly-dwelling.
- 2 Corinthians 5:3 That is, without a body; or, without a dwelling-place. The reverse of v 1.
- 2 Corinthians 5:4 That is, physically alive on earth.
- 2 Corinthians 5:4 to take off... to put on. That is, to die... to live with God.