2 Corinthians 5:19-21
New English Translation
19 In other words, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting people’s trespasses against them, and he has given us[a] the message of reconciliation. 20 Therefore we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making his plea[b] through us. We plead with you[c] on Christ’s behalf, “Be reconciled to God!” 21 God[d] made the one who did not know sin[e] to be sin for us, so that in him[f] we would become the righteousness of God.Read full chapter
- 2 Corinthians 5:19 tn Or “he has entrusted to us.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:20 tn Or “as though God were begging.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:20 tn Or “we beg you.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 tn Grk “He”; the referent (God) has been specified in the translation for clarity.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 sn The one who did not know sin is a reference to Jesus Christ.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 sn That is, “in Christ.”