2 Corinthians 3:17-18
New English Translation
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is present,[a] there is freedom. 18 And we all, with unveiled faces reflecting the glory of the Lord,[b] are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another,[c] which is from[d] the Lord, who is the Spirit.[e]Read full chapter
- 2 Corinthians 3:17 tn Grk “where the Spirit of the Lord is”; the word “present” is supplied to specify that the presence of the Lord’s Spirit is emphasized rather than the mere existence of the Lord’s Spirit.
- 2 Corinthians 3:18 tn Or “we all with unveiled faces beholding the glory of the Lord as in a mirror.”
- 2 Corinthians 3:18 tn Grk “from glory to glory.”
- 2 Corinthians 3:18 tn Grk “just as from.”
- 2 Corinthians 3:18 tn Grk “from the Lord, the Spirit”; the genitive πνεύματος (pneumatos) has been translated as a genitive of apposition.