2 Chronicles 29:8-10
New English Translation
8 The Lord was angry at Judah and Jerusalem and made them an appalling object of horror at which people hiss out their scorn,[a] as you can see with your own eyes. 9 Look, our fathers died violently[b] and our sons, daughters, and wives were carried off[c] because of this. 10 Now I intend[d] to make a covenant with the Lord God of Israel, so that he may relent from his raging anger.[e]Read full chapter
- 2 Chronicles 29:8 tn Heb “and he made them [an object] of dread and devastation and hissing.”
- 2 Chronicles 29:9 tn Heb “fell by the sword.”
- 2 Chronicles 29:9 tn Heb “are in captivity.”
- 2 Chronicles 29:10 tn Heb “now it is with my heart.”
- 2 Chronicles 29:10 tn Heb “so that the rage of his anger might turn from us.” The jussive with vav (ו) conjunctive indicates purpose/result after the preceding statement of intention.