1 Chronicles 3
New King James Version
The Family of David(A)
3 Now these were the sons of David who were born to him in Hebron: The firstborn was (B)Amnon, by (C)Ahinoam the (D)Jezreelitess; the second, [a]Daniel, by (E)Abigail the Carmelitess; 2 the third, (F)Absalom the son of Maacah, the daughter of Talmai, king of Geshur; the fourth, (G)Adonijah the son of Haggith; 3 the fifth, Shephatiah, by Abital; the sixth, Ithream, by his wife (H)Eglah.
4 These six were born to him in Hebron. (I)There he reigned seven years and six months, and (J)in Jerusalem he reigned thirty-three years. 5 (K)And these were born to him in Jerusalem: [b]Shimea, Shobab, Nathan, and (L)Solomon—four by [c]Bathshua the daughter of [d]Ammiel. 6 Also there were Ibhar, [e]Elishama, [f]Eliphelet, 7 Nogah, Nepheg, Japhia, 8 Elishama, [g]Eliada, and Eliphelet—(M)nine in all. 9 These were all the sons of David, besides the sons of the concubines, and (N)Tamar their sister.
The Family of Solomon(O)
10 Solomon’s son was (P)Rehoboam; [h]Abijah was his son, Asa his son, Jehoshaphat his son, 11 [i]Joram his son, [j]Ahaziah his son, [k]Joash his son, 12 Amaziah his son, [l]Azariah his son, Jotham his son, 13 Ahaz his son, Hezekiah his son, Manasseh his son, 14 Amon his son, and Josiah his son. 15 The sons of Josiah were Johanan the firstborn, the second [m]Jehoiakim, the third Zedekiah, and the fourth [n]Shallum. 16 The sons of (Q)Jehoiakim were [o]Jeconiah his son and [p]Zedekiah his son.
The Family of Jeconiah
17 And the sons of [q]Jeconiah [r]were Assir, Shealtiel (R)his son, 18 and Malchiram, Pedaiah, Shenazzar, Jecamiah, Hoshama, and Nedabiah. 19 The sons of Pedaiah were Zerubbabel and Shimei. The sons of Zerubbabel were Meshullam, Hananiah, Shelomith their sister, 20 and Hashubah, Ohel, Berechiah, Hasadiah, and Jushab-Hesed—five in all.
21 The sons of Hananiah were Pelatiah and Jeshaiah, the sons of Rephaiah, the sons of Arnan, the sons of Obadiah, and the sons of Shechaniah. 22 The son of Shechaniah was Shemaiah. The sons of Shemaiah were (S)Hattush, Igal, Bariah, Neariah, and Shaphat—six in all. 23 The sons of Neariah were Elioenai, Hezekiah, and Azrikam—three in all. 24 The sons of Elioenai were Hodaviah, Eliashib, Pelaiah, Akkub, Johanan, Delaiah, and Anani—seven in all.
- 1 Chronicles 3:1 Chileab, 2 Sam. 3:3
- 1 Chronicles 3:5 Shammua, 1 Chr. 14:4; 2 Sam. 5:14
- 1 Chronicles 3:5 Bathsheba, 2 Sam. 11:3
- 1 Chronicles 3:5 Eliam, 2 Sam. 11:3
- 1 Chronicles 3:6 Elishua, 1 Chr. 14:5; 2 Sam. 5:15
- 1 Chronicles 3:6 Elpelet, 1 Chr. 14:5
- 1 Chronicles 3:8 Beeliada, 1 Chr. 14:7
- 1 Chronicles 3:10 Abijam, 1 Kin. 15:1
- 1 Chronicles 3:11 Jehoram, 2 Kin. 1:17; 8:16
- 1 Chronicles 3:11 Or Azariah or Jehoahaz
- 1 Chronicles 3:11 Jehoash, 2 Kin. 12:1
- 1 Chronicles 3:12 Uzziah, Is. 6:1
- 1 Chronicles 3:15 Eliakim, 2 Kin. 23:34
- 1 Chronicles 3:15 Jehoahaz, 2 Kin. 23:31
- 1 Chronicles 3:16 Jehoiachin, 2 Kin. 24:8, or Coniah, Jer. 22:24
- 1 Chronicles 3:16 Mattaniah, 2 Kin. 24:17
- 1 Chronicles 3:17 Jehoiachin, 2 Kin. 24:8, or Coniah, Jer. 22:24
- 1 Chronicles 3:17 Or the captive were Shealtiel
1 Chronicles 3
New International Version
3 These were the sons of David(C) born to him in Hebron:
the second, Daniel the son of Abigail(F) of Carmel;
2 the third, Absalom the son of Maakah daughter of Talmai king of Geshur;
the fourth, Adonijah(G) the son of Haggith;
3 the fifth, Shephatiah the son of Abital;
and the sixth, Ithream, by his wife Eglah.
David reigned in Jerusalem thirty-three years, 5 and these were the children born to him there:
Shammua,[a] Shobab, Nathan and Solomon. These four were by Bathsheba[b](J) daughter of Ammiel. 6 There were also Ibhar, Elishua,[c] Eliphelet, 7 Nogah, Nepheg, Japhia, 8 Elishama, Eliada and Eliphelet—nine in all. 9 All these were the sons of David, besides his sons by his concubines. And Tamar(K) was their sister.(L)
The Kings of Judah
10 Solomon’s son was Rehoboam,(M)
Abijah(N) his son,
Asa(O) his son,
Jehoshaphat(P) his son,
Ahaziah(R) his son,
Joash(S) his son,
12 Amaziah(T) his son,
Azariah(U) his son,
Jotham(V) his son,
13 Ahaz(W) his son,
Hezekiah(X) his son,
Manasseh(Y) his son,
14 Amon(Z) his son,
Josiah(AA) his son.
15 The sons of Josiah:
Johanan the firstborn,
Jehoiakim(AB) the second son,
Zedekiah(AC) the third,
Shallum(AD) the fourth.
16 The successors of Jehoiakim:
The Royal Line After the Exile
17 The descendants of Jehoiachin the captive:
19 The sons of Pedaiah:
Zerubbabel(AJ) and Shimei.
The sons of Zerubbabel:
Meshullam and Hananiah.
Shelomith was their sister.
20 There were also five others:
Hashubah, Ohel, Berekiah, Hasadiah and Jushab-Hesed.
21 The descendants of Hananiah:
Pelatiah and Jeshaiah, and the sons of Rephaiah, of Arnan, of Obadiah and of Shekaniah.
22 The descendants of Shekaniah:
Shemaiah and his sons:
Hattush,(AK) Igal, Bariah, Neariah and Shaphat—six in all.
23 The sons of Neariah:
Elioenai, Hizkiah and Azrikam—three in all.
24 The sons of Elioenai:
Hodaviah, Eliashib, Pelaiah, Akkub, Johanan, Delaiah and Anani—seven in all.
- 1 Chronicles 3:5 Hebrew Shimea, a variant of Shammua
- 1 Chronicles 3:5 One Hebrew manuscript and Vulgate (see also Septuagint and 2 Samuel 11:3); most Hebrew manuscripts Bathshua
- 1 Chronicles 3:6 Two Hebrew manuscripts (see also 2 Samuel 5:15 and 1 Chron. 14:5); most Hebrew manuscripts Elishama
- 1 Chronicles 3:11 Hebrew Joram, a variant of Jehoram
- 1 Chronicles 3:16 Hebrew Jeconiah, a variant of Jehoiachin; also in verse 17