1 Timothy 1:8-10
Disciples’ Literal New Testament
The Law Is Useful When It Is Used Properly: To Correct The Ungodly
8 Now we know that the Law is good[a] if one is using it lawfully, 9 knowing this: that law is not laid-down[b] for a righteous one but for lawless ones and rebellious ones, ungodly ones and sinful ones, unholy ones and profane[c] ones, father-thrashers[d] and mother-thrashers, man-slayers[e], 10 sexually-immoral ones, homosexuals[f], slave-traders[g], liars, perjurers[h], and if any other thing is contrary to healthy[i] teachingRead full chapter
- 1 Timothy 1:8 That is, advantageous, useful.
- 1 Timothy 1:9 Or, set-in-place.
- 1 Timothy 1:9 Or, godless, irreligious.
- 1 Timothy 1:9 -thrashers. Or, -abusers, -assaulters, -killers. It depends on how extreme a violation of the fifth commandment Paul has in mind.
- 1 Timothy 1:9 Or, murderers.
- 1 Timothy 1:10 See 1 Cor 6:9.
- 1 Timothy 1:10 Or, man-stealers.
- 1 Timothy 1:10 Or, oath-breakers.
- 1 Timothy 1:10 Or, sound, correct.