1 Timothy 1:16-19
The Passion Translation
17 Because of this my praises rise to the King of all the universe[c] who is indestructible,[d] invisible, and full of glory, the only God[e] who is worthy of the highest honors throughout all of time and throughout the eternity of eternities! Amen!
Paul Encourages Timothy to Remain Faithful
18–19 So Timothy, my son, I am entrusting you with this responsibility, in keeping with the very first prophecies that were spoken over your life, and are now in the process of fulfillment in this great work of ministry, in keeping with the prophecies spoken over you. With this encouragement use your prophecies as weapons as you wage spiritual warfare by faith and with a clean conscience. For there are many who reject these virtues and are now destitute of the true faith,Read full chapter
- 1 Timothy 1:16 As translated from the Aramaic. The Greek text reads “that Jesus would demonstrate his perfect patience.”
- 1 Timothy 1:16 Or “destined to believe.”
- 1 Timothy 1:17 Or “King of the ages.”
- 1 Timothy 1:17 The Aramaic word used here is a direct reference to the physical body of Christ that did not decompose in the tomb, but was raised in resurrection.
- 1 Timothy 1:17 As translated from the Aramaic. Some Greek texts have “the only wise God.”