1 Peter 4:9-11
New English Translation
9 Show hospitality[a] to one another without complaining. 10 Just as each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another[b] as good stewards of the varied grace of God. 11 Whoever speaks, let it be with[c] God’s words.[d] Whoever serves, do so with the strength[e] that God supplies, so that in everything God will be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong[f] the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen.Read full chapter
- 1 Peter 4:9 tn There is no main verb in this verse (“showing hospitality” translates the adjective φιλόξενοι [philoxenoi]), but it continues the sense of command from v. 7.
- 1 Peter 4:10 tn Grk “serving it to one another.” The primary verb is a participle but it continues the sense of command from v. 7.
- 1 Peter 4:11 tn Grk “if anyone speaks—as God’s words.”
- 1 Peter 4:11 tn Or “oracles.”
- 1 Peter 4:11 tn Grk “if anyone serves—with strength…”
- 1 Peter 4:11 tn Grk “is/are.”