1 Peter 4:10-12
New English Translation
10 Just as each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another[a] as good stewards of the varied grace of God. 11 Whoever speaks, let it be with[b] God’s words.[c] Whoever serves, do so with the strength[d] that God supplies, so that in everything God will be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong[e] the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen.Read full chapter
- 1 Peter 4:10 tn Grk “serving it to one another.” The primary verb is a participle but it continues the sense of command from v. 7.
- 1 Peter 4:11 tn Grk “if anyone speaks—as God’s words.”
- 1 Peter 4:11 tn Or “oracles.”
- 1 Peter 4:11 tn Grk “if anyone serves—with strength…”
- 1 Peter 4:11 tn Grk “is/are.”
- 1 Peter 4:12 tn Or “do not be surprised, taken aback.” The same verb occurs in 4:4.
- 1 Peter 4:12 tn Grk “at the burning among you, occurring to you for testing.”