1 Peter 3:17-19
Disciples’ Literal New Testament
17 For it is better to be suffering while doing-good, if the will of God should [so] will it, than while doing-evil.
Because Christ Himself Suffered To Bring Us To God, And Is Now Glorified By God
18 Because Christ also suffered once-for-all for sins— a righteous One for unrighteous ones— in order that He might bring you to God, having been put-to-death in the flesh but made-alive[a] by the Spirit[b],Read full chapter
- 1 Peter 3:18 Or, given life.
- 1 Peter 3:18 Or, in the Spirit; or, in spirit, in His spirit; or, in the realm of the spirit.
- 1 Peter 3:19 That is, the Spirit. Or, in which. That is, in His spirit; or, in the state of being dead in the flesh but alive in spirit.
- 1 Peter 3:19 Or even; that is, by Whom having gone, He even proclaimed.
- 1 Peter 3:19 Or, made a proclamation.
- 1 Peter 3:19 That is, people; or, angels.