1 Peter 3:5-7
Disciples’ Literal New Testament
5 For in this manner formerly also the holy wives putting-hope in God were adorning themselves, being subject to their own husbands, 6 as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord[a]— of whom[b] you became children while[c] doing-good and not fearing any terror[d].
Honor Your Wives As Fellow Heirs of The Gift of Life
7 Husbands likewise, living-with them[e] according-to[f] knowledge[g], showing honor to the feminine[h] one as to[i] the weaker vessel[j], as indeed to your fellow-heirs of the grace[k] of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.Read full chapter
- 1 Peter 3:6 Or, sir. See Gen 18:12.
- 1 Peter 3:6 That is, Sarah.
- 1 Peter 3:6 That is, by, as long as you are, since you are, as ones.
- 1 Peter 3:6 Or, intimidation, fright.
- 1 Peter 3:7 living with them... fellow-heirs. Or, living with the feminine one according-to knowledge, as with the weaker vessel, showing honor as indeed to fellow heirs.
- 1 Peter 3:7 Or, in harmony with, based on.
- 1 Peter 3:7 That is, Christian knowledge of her status before God. Or, understanding; that is, in an understanding way, with consideration.
- 1 Peter 3:7 Or, womanly one, female.
- 1 Peter 3:7 That is, as appropriate to.
- 1 Peter 3:7 This describes her as God’s creation, rather than the husband’s partner.
- 1 Peter 3:7 That is, the grace-gift of spiritual life, which they possess equally.