1 Kings 20:12-14
New English Translation
The Lord Delivers Israel
13 Now a prophet visited King Ahab of Israel and said, “This is what the Lord has said: ‘Do you see this huge army?[c] Look, I am going to hand it over to you this very day. Then you will know that I am the Lord.’” 14 Ahab asked, “By whom will this be accomplished?”[d] He answered, “This is what the Lord has said, ‘By the servants of the district governors.’” Ahab[e] asked, “Who will launch the attack?” He answered, “You will.”Read full chapter
- 1 Kings 20:12 tn Heb “When he heard this word.”
- 1 Kings 20:12 tn Heb “in the temporary shelters.” This is probably referring to tents.
- 1 Kings 20:13 tn Heb “see all this great horde.”
- 1 Kings 20:14 tn The words “will this be accomplished” are supplied in the translation for clarification.
- 1 Kings 20:14 tn Heb “he”; the referent (Ahab) has been specified in the translation for clarity.