1 John 2:27-29
1599 Geneva Bible
27 But that [a]anointing which ye received of him, dwelleth in you: and ye [b]need not that any man teach you: but as the same [c]anointing teacheth you of all things, and it is true and is not lying, and as it taught you, ye shall abide in him.
28 [d]And now, little children, abide in him, that when he shall appear, we may be bold, and not be ashamed before him, at his coming.
29 [e]If ye know that he is righteous, know ye that he which doeth righteously, is born of him.Read full chapter
- 1 John 2:27 The Spirit which you have received of Christ, and which hath led you into all truth.
- 1 John 2:27 You are not ignorant of these things, and therefore I teach them not as things that were never heard of, but call them to your remembrance as things which you do know.
- 1 John 2:27 He commendeth both the doctrine which they had embraced, and also highly praiseth their faith and the diligence of such as taught them, yet so, that he taketh nothing from the honor due to the holy Ghost.
- 1 John 2:28 The conclusion both of the whole exhortation, and also of the former treatise.
- 1 John 2:29 A passing over to the treatise following, which tendeth to the same purpose, but yet is more ample, and handleth the same matter after another order: for before he taught us to go up from the effects to the cause, and in this that followeth, he goeth down from the causes to the effects. And this is the sum of the argument: God is the fountain of all righteousness: and therefore they that give themselves to righteousness, are known to be born of him, because they resemble God the Father.