1 Corinthians 16:15-17
The Passion Translation
15 Dear brothers and sisters, I have a request to make of you. Give special recognition to Stephanas and his family, for they were the first converts in Achaia,[a] and they have fully devoted themselves to serve God’s holy people.[b] 16 I urge you to honor and support them, and all those like them who work so diligently for the Lord.Read full chapter
- 1 Corinthians 16:15 At the time Paul wrote to the Corinthians, Achaia was a Roman province in southern Greece.
- 1 Corinthians 16:15 Whenever we minister to God’s people, we are ministering to the Lord. See Matt. 25:34-46.
- 1 Corinthians 16:17 Stephanas means “crowned.” Some believe that he was the Philippian jailor who, along with his household, became the first believers in Philippi.
- 1 Corinthians 16:17 Fortunatus means “blessed.” He is recognized in the Orthodox Church as one of the seventy disciples sent out by Jesus as an apostle.
- 1 Corinthians 16:17 Achaicus means “a native of Achaia.” He is recognized in church history as one of the seventy disciples sent out by Jesus as an apostle.