1 Corinthians 15:57-58
The Passion Translation
57 But we thank God[a] for giving us the victory as conquerors through our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One.[b] 58 So now, beloved ones,[c] stand firm, stable, and enduring. Live your lives with an unshakable confidence. We know that we prosper and excel in every season by serving the Lord,[d] because we are assured that our union with the Lord makes our labor productive with fruit that endures.[e]Read full chapter
- 15:57 The Aramaic can be translated “Accept God’s grace.”
- 15:57 What an amazing summary of what Jesus Christ has accomplished for us! Although Satan seemed to be victorious, the cross of Christ defeated him, defeated death, and defeated sin, making us into victorious conquerors who have hope beyond the grave.
- 15:58 Or “dear brothers and sisters.”
- 15:58 As translated from the Aramaic. The Greek can be translated “Always have the Lord’s possessions in abundance.”
- 15:58 Or “Your labor in the Lord is not without effect.” This final clause is litotes, a double negative, which is best conveyed in a positive form.