Micaiah, Michaiah [Mīcā'iah,Mī chā'iah]—who is like jehovah. Here is a name occurring many times in the Old Testament and used of women as well as men. It is spelled in different ways. See MICA and MICAH.
- A prophet, son of Imlah, who foretold the fall of Ahab at Ramoth-gilead (1 Kings 22:8, 9; 2 Chron. 18:8). There are no truer hearts to God than his. Carefully compare the three great prophets of 1 Kings—Ahijah, Elijah and Micaiah.
- The father of Achbor, a chief officer of King Josiah (2 Kings 22:12, 14).
- A prince of Judah ordered by Jehoshaphat to teach the people (2 Chron. 17:7).
- A priest of the family of Asaph who blew a trumpet at the dedication of the wall (Neh. 12:35, 41).
- The son of Gemariah, a prince of Judah in Jehoiakim’s time (Jer. 36:11, 13).
Also the name of the daughter of Uriel of Gibeah. (See 1 Kings 15:2; 2 Chron. 11:20; 13:2).