Renowned for its beautiful balance of scholarship and readability and vetted by Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox, Evangelical, and Jewish scholars, the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) faithfully serves the church in personal spiritual formation, in the liturgy, and in the academy.
Read the NRSV on Bible Gateway
- New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) with Apocrypha
- New Revised Standard Version, Anglicised (NRSVA) with Apocrypha
- New Revised Standard Version, Anglicised Catholic Edition (NRSVACE)
- New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)
We’re grateful to Rev. Susanne Priddy, lead pastor, Trinity United Methodist Church, Durham, NC, for partnering with the Zondervan NRSV Comfort Print® Bible campaign in helping people better engage the Bible.
See other posts in this series:
- NRSV: God’s Word and Future Generations
- NRSV: How a Close Scripture Reading Informs Social Action
- NRSV: Cultivating Bible Reading Habits
- NRSV: How the Gospel Informs Social Action
- NRSV: Scripture Reading Advice for New Followers of Jesus
From the NRSV Preface
This new version seeks to preserve all that is best in the English Bible as it has been known and used through the years. It is intended for use in public reading and congregational worship, as well as in private study, instruction, and meditation. We have resisted the temptation to introduce terms and phrases that merely reflect current moods, and have tried to put the message of the Scriptures in simple, enduring words and expressions that are worthy to stand in the great tradition of the King James Bible and its predecessors.
NRSV Bibles are published by HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc., the parent company of Bible Gateway.
Study the Bible with confidence and convenience by becoming a member of Bible Gateway Plus. Try it free right now!