Presbyterian Church (USA) pastor Eugene Peterson, 85, best known for authoring The Message Bible (@themessage), died Oct. 22, 2018, a week after entering hospice care for complications related to heart failure and dementia. Among his last words were, “Let’s go,” according to a statement from his family. Read more from CT and Religion News Service. Also see the news release on The Message website.
Peterson served as the pastor of Christ Our King Presbyterian Church for 29 years. He is the author of over 30 books, including
- The Message: The Bible in Contemporary Language
- The Wisdom of Each Other
- A Long Obedience in the Same Direction: Discipleship in an Instant Society
- Answering God: The Psalms as Tools for Prayer
- The Pastor: A Memoir
- Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places: A Conversation in Spiritual Theology
- As Kingfishers Catch Fire: A Conversation on the Ways of God Formed by the Words of God.
His final book, Every Step an Arrival: A 90-Day Devotional for Exploring God’s Word (WaterBrook, 2018), was published in October 2018.
Hear an interview with Eugene Peterson on the NPR radio program On Being.
Study the Bible with more than 40 acclaimed commentaries and resources when you become a member of Bible Gateway Plus. Try it right now!