Printed with Exclusive Comfort Print® Typefaces
Thomas Nelson and Zondervan are thrilled to announce the release of their new Premier Collection Bibles, featuring the following premium materials:
- Supple full-grain black goatskin covers: hand-bound to the book blocks using an edge-lined construction for optimum flexibility and durability
- Beautiful, opaque 36 GSM European Bible paper: bound together with fine, strong thread using the Smyth-sewn binding method, just as high-end books have been crafted for hundreds of years
- Art gilding: a specialized process for treating the edges of Bible pages, applying both a rich dye and a metallic coating to create a stunning depth and finish as the pages are fanned out
- Generous yapp: the part of the leather cover that extends beyond the page edges, to protect the art gilding
- Carefully encased in durable, 2-piece boxes and elegantly wrapped in protective paper for the ultimate gift-giving and unboxing experience
- Exclusive Comfort Print® typefaces, designed by leading font foundry 2K-DENMARK, which combine tradition with the best advances in modern typography, ensuring a smooth reading experience.
“Several years ago, we began working on a beautiful Bible initiative to ensure that our Bibles are beautifully crafted in both their interior and exterior design and quality of materials, as well as in how we present them to the market,” says Melinda Bouma, publisher, Zondervan Bibles. “A significant step in that process was the creation of our exclusive Comfort Print® typefaces for each translation. Now these new Premier Collection Bibles are the capstone on our beautiful Bible initiative.”
“We spent a great deal of time evaluating production quality to create these new Bibles,” says Daniel Marrs, publisher, Thomas Nelson Bibles. “Our goal was to match or surpass the quality and features of any premium Bible currently on the market, while simultaneously offering our Bibles at lower prices for our readers.”
- KJV Giant Print Center-Column Reference Bible, with red under gold art gilding, three ribbons (two black, one red), 12.2-point print size for excellent readability, book introductions, a full concordance, and Thomas Nelson’s complete cross-reference system, with over 72,000 references displayed in a classic center-column format, for $149.99
- NKJV Large Print Thinline Reference Bible, with red under gold art gilding, three ribbons (two black, one red), 11-point print size in a line-matched setting, extensive concordance, full-color maps, and more than 40,000 cross-references, in a format less than an inch thick for portability, ideal for reading and preaching, for $149.99
- NKJV Single-Column Reference Bible, with red under gold art gilding, three ribbons (two black, one red), 10.5-point print size in a line-matched, single-column format designed for maximum readability, generous margins, and Thomas Nelson’s complete cross-reference system with over 72,000 references, for $159.99
- NIV Heritage Bible, with blue and silver art gilding, three ribbons (black, blue, and red), 10-point print size in a two-color, line-matched, single column setting, generous margins with room for notes, pages to keep family records, and a concordance, for $149.99
- NIV Large Print Thinline Bible, with blue and silver art gilding, three ribbons (navy blue, blue, and light blue), 11.4-point print size, in a format less than an inch-thick for portability and ideal for reading and preaching, for $149.99
The Premier Collection Bibles (website) are published by HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc., the parent company of Bible Gateway.
About Comfort Print®: Read on!
Settle in and spend more time in the Bible without eyestrain. Comfort Print® is an exclusive new family of fonts expertly designed to allow your eyes to relax as they flow smoothly along the lines of text. To learn more about the new Comfort Print® fonts, visit www.ComfortPrintBibles.com.
About the KJV (@ThomasNelsonKJV)
In 1611, the King James Version Bible, also known as the Authorized Version, was published. Revisions made at Cambridge in 1762 and at Oxford in 1769 standardized the text, ensuring that the King James Version would remain immensely readable for generations to come. Today, more than 400 years since its initial publication, the bestselling King James Version Bible continues to inspire, encourage, and strengthen people from all walks of life. The KJV is considered one of the most influential and beautiful works of literature in the English language and continues to be the favorite translation for millions of Christians.
About the NKJV™ (@NKJVbible)
Commissioned in 1975 by Thomas Nelson Publishers, 130 respected Bible scholars, church leaders, and lay Christians worked for seven years to create a completely new, modern translation of Scripture, yet one that would retain the purity and stylistic beauty of the original King James. With unyielding faithfulness to the original Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic texts, the NKJV translation applies the most recent research in archaeology, linguistics, and textual studies.
About the NIV (@NIVBible)
The New International Version (NIV) is the world’s bestselling modern-English Bible translation—accurate, readable, and clear, yet rich with the detail found in the original languages. The NIV is the result of over 50 years of work by the Committee on Bible Translation, who oversee the efforts of many contributing scholars. Representing the spectrum of evangelicalism, the translators come from a wide range of denominations and various countries and continually review new research in order to ensure the NIV remains at the forefront of accessibility, relevance, and authority. Every NIV Bible that is purchased helps Biblica, a nonprofit ministry organization, translate and give Bibles to people in need around the world. To learn more, visit www.thenivbible.com.
About Thomas Nelson
Thomas Nelson (@ThomasNelson) is a world leading publisher and provider of Christian content and has been providing readers with quality inspirational product for more than 200 years. As part of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc., the publishing group provides multiple formats of award-winning Bibles, books, gift books, cookbooks, curriculum and digital content, with distribution of its products in more than 100 countries. Thomas Nelson, is headquartered in Nashville, TN. For additional information visit www.thomasnelson.com.
Zondervan (@Zondervan) is a world leading Bible publisher and provider of Christian communications. Zondervan, part of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc., delivers transformational Christian experiences through its bestselling Bibles, books, curriculum, academic resources and digital products. The company’s products are sold worldwide and translated into nearly 200 languages. Zondervan offices are located in Grand Rapids, Mich. For additional information, please visit www.zondervan.com.
Get biblically wise and spiritually fit by becoming a member of Bible Gateway Plus. Try it right now!