The recently published fifth edition of the Zondervan Handbook to the Bible (Zondervan, 2017), is a full-color guide to all the books of the Bible.
Continuously in print since 1973, with over 3 million copies in print in 30 languages, the Zondervan Handbook to the Bible has earned an outstanding reputation as the most helpful and accessible guide to the world’s all-time bestseller.
From the description of the tabernacle to the history and design of the temple in Jerusalem to God’s relationship with the universe to explaining the origin of the Bible to summaries of each book of Scripture, readers will find it all here, now updated with new vivid imagery. The land, culture, battles, feast days, heroes, and villains of Scripture come alive through spectacular color-filled articles and images of meticulous clarity and detail.
“On a personal note, no other book played such a significant role in David’s life, nor does one in my own, as the Bible,” writes Pat Alexander, general editor, in the preface to the Zondervan Handbook to the Bible. “It is my hope that this latest edition of the Handbook will continue to play its part in helping readers understand the Bible, discover its treasures, and meet its challenges.”
Special features include:
- A four-color guide to all the books of the Bible
- 127 articles by leading international scholars
- 68 maps and 20 charts and diagrams
- More than 700 color photographs and illustrations, vividly portraying the world of biblical characters and events
- A 680-page, section-by-section guide to the Bible, featuring explanatory notes on key words and issues of meaning
- A comprehensive Rapid Factfinder to the Bible—its key people, places, events, and teachings—and to the Handbook as a whole
Biblical experts contributing to the Zondervan Handbook to the Bible, 5th Edition include
- Richard Bauckham
- John Goldingay
- I. Howard Marshall
- R. T. France
- Michael Green
- Gordon Wenham
- and many other international scholars.
Colorful, exciting, authoritative, readable, and often challenging and inspiring, the Zondervan Handbook to the Bible, 5th Edition is written by those who have discovered the riches of the Bible themselves and want to share them with you.
Get more than 40 valuable Bible reference resources by becoming a member of Bible Gateway Plus. Try it right now!