Annually the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association (ECPA) honors what it judges to be the best Christian book and Bible releases of the year.
The Christian Book Award® program recognizes the highest quality in Christian books and Bibles and is among the oldest and most prestigious awards program in the religious publishing industry. Finalists and winners are selected in 11 categories: Bibles, Bible Reference Works, Bible Study, Ministry Resources, Biography & Memoir, Christian Living, Faith & Culture, Devotion & Gift, Children (ages 0-8), Young People’s Literature, and New Author.
For 2017 in the Bible category, the winner is the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible.
This award recognizes the highest accomplishment in the following areas:
- the reader’s needs are clearly understood
- the writing style flows smoothly and the content is distinctively accessible
- the illustrations and features are attractive, supportive, and comprehensive
- the charts, notes, maps, and other helps stand out and make this a good Bible choice for its stated purpose
- the design contributes to a pleasurable experience for the intended audience and facilitates the application of the biblical text
- the total product presents God’s Word in a faithful, innovative way so that the audience can engage with it and, with the help of the Spirit, understand and apply it.
In the Bible Reference Works category, the winner is A History of Western Philosophy and Theology by John M. Frame. And in the Bible Study category, the winner is Marriage and the Mystery of the Gospel by Raymond C. Ortlund Jr.
Thousands already have! Try your 30-Day free trial today!
Remove banner ads and expand your Bible reading experience using our valuable library of more than 40 top resources by becoming a member of Bible Gateway Plus. Get biblically wise and spiritually fit. Try it free for 30 days!