Dr. Chris Bruno (@chrisbruno1) has written The Whole Story of the Bible in 16 Verses (Crossway, 2015) to help readers grasp the overarching story line of the Bible through concise key scriptures that serve as “turning points” in the Bible narrative, highlighting God’s sovereignty, glory, and grace throughout his Word.
In the video above, Dr. Bruno discusses his book with Justin Taylor, senior vice president and publisher for books at Crossway. Video interview timestamps are as follows:
- 00:00 – How can you cover the whole story of the Bible in just 16 verses?
- 01:14 – Can you give us some examples from the book of how you do this?
- 04:22 – What is biblical theology and why is it important?
- 08:08 – How did your identity as a pastor, husband, and dad help you write this book?
- 12:15 – What do you hope the Lord accomplishes through this book?
The Whole Story of the Bible in 16 Verses highlights 16 key Bible passages that are pivotal in the Bible’s story line—enabling readers to see God’s incredible plan to redeem his people and glorify his name from Genesis to Revelation:
Part 1: The Time Is Coming
1. Creation (Genesis 1:31)
2. Human Beings (Genesis 1:26-27)
3. The Fall (Genesis 3:6-7)
4. Redemption Promised (Genesis 3:15)
5. Abraham (Genesis 12:2-3)
6. Judah the King (Genesis 49:10)
7. The Passover Lamb (Exodus 12:23)
8. King David (2 Samuel 7:12-13)
9. The Suffering Servant (Isaiah 53:6)
10. Resurrection Promised (Ezekiel 37:3-5)
11. New Creation (Isaiah 65:17)
Bio: Chris Bruno (PhD, Wheaton College) is assistant professor of New Testament and Greek at Bethlehem College & Seminary, Minneapolis, MN. He has served at Northland International University, Cedarville University, and Trinity Christian School in Kailua, HI. Before that, he was pastor of discipleship and training at Harbor Church in Honolulu, HI. He’s written numerous articles and reviews. Along with being the author of The Whole Story of the Bible in 16 Verses, he’s the coauthor (with Matt Dirks) of Churches Partnering Together (Crossway, 2014).