An overwhelming majority of people who use BibleGateway.com to search and read the Bible include the Bible several times a week in their everyday discussions, according to our most recent online poll, in which 4,460 people voted.
In answer to the question, “How often do you talk about the Bible in your normal course of conversation?,” more than three-quarters (a hefty 79%) of BibleGateway.com readers say, “multiple times a week.”
The answer “once a week” garnered 11% of votes, “once a month” 5%, and “two or three times a year” (such as Easter and Christmas) 3%. Two percent of people who visit BibleGateway.com “never” talk about the Bible in their common social exchanges.
We’re not surprised at the 79% tally; after all, people who intentionally seek out the Bible can be expected to talk about what they find. We’re curious, however, about the 2% who come to the site but for whatever reason choose to remain silent about God’s Word. Perhaps they’re meditating!
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations. Psalm 89:1
Our next Bible Gateway poll asks “What edition of the Bible do you most often take to church?” Cast your vote below:
What edition of the Bible do you most often take to church?
- Fashionable color leather or simulated leather (31%, 5,318 Votes)
- Hardcover (31%, 5,291 Votes)
- Black leather (31%, 5,244 Votes)
- Softcover (2%, 398 Votes)
- Bible app on my phone (2%, 375 Votes)
- I don’t take a Bible to church nor use a pew Bible (2%, 299 Votes)
- Bible app on my tablet (1%, 241 Votes)
- I use the pew Bible (1%, 216 Votes)
- New Testament only (any binding) (0%, 22 Votes)
Total Voters: 21,883Loading ...