The holidays are officially upon us—and that means that our Advent and Christmas devotions are here!
For many people, the Christmas season is one of the most hectic and stressful times of the year—a time when we could all desperately use a regular dose of Scriptural encouragement. We’d like to help you capture moments of reflection, peace, and worship during the Christmas season. To do that, we’ve put together five Christmas-themed devotions you can receive via email throughout Advent.
Here’s what you’ll find on our Holiday Devotions page:
- Advent Devotions: The Bible Gateway team hand-picked this selection of Advent-themed Scripture readings, inspirational readings, and devotional essays to help you stay focused on the true meaning of Christmas.
- Christmas Joy: Pastor and author Mel Lawrenz (who writes the Everything New weekly devotional here at Bible Gateway) walks you through each day of Advent, focusing on a different aspect of the Christmas story every day.
- Classic Christmas Hymns: The beautiful, worshipful music of Christmas is one of the season’s most defining elements. Discover the inspiring stories behind your favorite Christmas hymns!
- Readings to Celebrate Advent from The Voice Bible: Brand new this year! Did you know that references, foreshadowings, and echoes of the Christmas story can be found not just in the Gospels, but all throughout Scripture? These daily readings from throughout the Bible were chosen for the insight they offer into the Christmas story.
- The Christmas Story: Have you ever read the Christmas story from start to finish? This series of daily readings will walk you through the miracle of Christmas from beginning to end.
We hope that these devotions help you face the stress of the holidays with true peace and joy. Have a blessed Advent, and a very merry Christmas!