Late last year, as Christmas and the New Year approached, we talked a lot about the value of following a Bible reading plan. (Yes, this is a drum we beat pretty regularly—but what can we say; we love it when people read the Bible!)We’re halfway through 2013, and while we hope everyone who started following a Bible reading plan is still sticking to it, we know how easy it is to get off track with a big reading commitment. Or maybe you’ve been thinking about starting a reading plan, but haven’t found the right one.
Well, starting next Monday, July 1, we’re launching a new email reading plan that’s perfect for anyone who wants a manageable, yet rewarding Bible reading experience: The New Testament in 24 Weeks with The Voice.
The New Testament in 24 Weeks is exactly what it sounds like: a complete walk through the New Testament books of the Bible over six months. A typical day’s reading covers just one or two chapters, and won’t eat into your daily schedule. And it makes use of The Voice translation, one of the most accessible and readable Bible translations available (read all about The Voice here).
We particularly recommend The New Testament in 24 Weeks if one or more of these statements describes you:
- You’re a Christian, but have never actually read through the entire New Testament before.
- You tried a more ambitious reading plan—perhaps one that started with the Old Testament—but found it overwhelming, difficult, or too time-consuming.
- You want to experience Scripture with a fresh Bible translation. (Again, if you aren’t familiar with The Voice, take a quick minute to read up on it—it’s very unique.)
- You want a Bible reading plan that focuses on Jesus and the early church.
- You’re not a Christian, but are interested in learning more about what the Bible says.
The New Testament in 24 Weeks starts next Monday. It’s completely free. To sign up, just visit our Newsletters page and subscribe! We hope you find this to be a challenging—and uplifting—part of your spiritual journey.