Here are some interesting or noteworthy links that we’ve noticed recently.
- How Similar Words Lead Bible Translators Astray—how Bible scholars can fall victim to linguistic confusion when two related, but different, words are used in different places in the Bible.
- Ann Voskamp on the release of her One Thousand Gifts DVD study. If you haven’t read One Thousand Gifts, Ann’s introductory video is a great introduction to her memorable style.
- “Either you were a mess, are a mess, or are one dumb decision away from becoming a mess.” Scot McKnight looks at Andy Stanley’s new book Deep & Wide.
- The theme of the Tozer on Leadership devotional this month has been “Failure and Success,” exploring what those two things really mean from a spiritual perspective. Start with the first entry, “Paralysis from Past Mistakes”, and proceed from there.
- Why do you (or should you) believe that the Bible is God’s Word? Consider how you’d answer that question, and then give Roger Olson’s answers a read.