Here are some noteworthy links that caught our eye in recent days:
- Experiential Theology points out The Canticle of Brother Sun, a wonderful poem by St. Francis of Assisi. I have to admit that I’d never read it before, but with the sun shining out here in Michigan I’m particularly enjoying it:
“Praised be you, my Lord, with all your creatures, especially Sir Brother Sun,
Who is the day and through whom you give us light.
And he is beautiful and radiant with great splendor,
and bears a likeness of you, Most High One.”
See the full text of the canticle.
- Reverend Fun on an event that may or may not have happened:
- Church Marketing Sucks argues that Athanasius, a key figure behind the Nicene Creed, is a Church Communication Hero.
- Out of Ur reports on a survey in which the US ranked as the fifth most religious country. The Philippines was the most religious; Japan was the least.
- Tomorrow, we’re launching a free 40-day devotional centered around the writings of Dietrich Bonhoeffer! Sign up at our newsletter signup page. Here’s a taste from the first devotional:
“Where will the call to discipleship lead those who follow it? What decisions and painful separations will it entail? We must take this question to him who alone knows the answer. Only Jesus Christ, who bids us follow him, knows where the path will lead. But we know that it will be a path full of mercy beyond measure. Discipleship is joy.”