At Christmas, we commemorate one of the most significant events in Christianity—the birth of Jesus Christ (his death and resurrection being the other significant event). And so it isn’t a surprise that many Christian churches put extra effort into marking the season. Some churches go through a Christmas-focused sermon series, put on musical programs, or light Advent candles each week.
What about your church?
What is your church doing this year to mark the Christmas season? (Check all that apply.)
- Seasonal music programs (choir, caroling, etc.) (57%, 337 Votes)
- A Christmas play, pageant, or other artistic performance (53%, 311 Votes)
- A Christmas-related sermon series (50%, 293 Votes)
- Special community volunteering, ministry, or outreach (39%, 230 Votes)
- Extra worship or prayer services (34%, 202 Votes)
- Advent candles (31%, 184 Votes)
- Weekly Christmas-related Scripture readings throughout Advent (26%, 152 Votes)
- Something else (10%, 60 Votes)
- My church doesn't do anything out of the ordinary during Christmas (9%, 53 Votes)
Total Voters: 587Loading ...