Commentaries for the book of James
- The excellence of heavenly wisdom, in opposition to that which is worldly.
- Here are cautions against corrupt affections, and love of this world, which is enmity to God.
- Exhortations to undertake no affairs of life, without constant regard to the will and providence of God.
- The judgments of God denounced against rich unbelievers.
- Exhortation to patience and meekness under tribulations.
- Cautions against rash swearing Prayer recommended in afflictive and prosperous circumstances, Christians to confess their faults to each other.
- The happiness of being the means of the conversion of a sinner.
- The apostle blesses God for his special benefits through Christ.
- Salvation by Christ foretold in ancient prophecy.
- All are exhorted to holy conversation.
- Such as is suitable to their principles, privileges, and obligations.