Commentaries for the book of Philemon
- Paul's Greetings (1:1-3)
- The duty of stedfastly adhering to Christ and his gospel.
- Paul's Prayer (1:4-7)
- His sufferings are no objection against his pre-eminence.
- Paul's Request (1:8-22)
- Paul's Relationship to Philemon (1:8-9)
- Paul's Relationship to Onesimus (1:10-11)
- Philemon's Relationship to Onesimus (1:12-16)
- The reason of his sufferings, and the fitness of them.
- Paul's Relationship to Philemon (1:17-22)
- Christ's taking the nature of man, and not his taking the nature of angels, was necessary to his priestly office.
- Paul's Benediction (1:23-25)
- Greetings (1:23-24)
- Closing Prayer (1:25)