- A. Records for Repopulating Jerusalem (7:1–73)
- B. Ezra Reads the Law (8:1–18)
- C. Covenant Renewal (9:1–10:39)
- D. Repopulating Jerusalem (11:1–12:26)
- E. Dedication of the Walls (12:27–13:3)
- F. Nehemiah's Final Reforms (13:4–31)
This final section is the climax of Ezra-Nehemiah. All of the main themes of the book are found here: the temple, the law, and the completed walls. These elements are brought together as the Jews renew their covenant with God and dedicate the walls of Jerusalem.