- C2. Deliverance for Besieged Jerusalem (12:1–9)
- B2. Mourning for the Pierced One (12:10–14)
- D1. Rejection of Fraudulent Prophets (13:1–6)
- B3. The Shepherd Is Slain (13:7–9)
- C3. The Struggle for Jerusalem (14:1–15)
- A1. The Universal Worship of Yahweh as King (14:16–21)
The phrase on that day is repeated sixteen times in this unit, indicating its setting in the eschaton. The themes of chs. 9-11 are repeated here but with greater intensity (cf. Baldwin, 187, and introduction above). The second section of the book builds to a climax in ch. 14 where the events of that day are described.