- A. Four Foul Abominations in the Temple (8:1–18)
- B. Death Pronounced Upon Jerusalem (9:1–11)
- C. The Glory of Yahweh Leaves the Temple and Jerusalem (10:1–22)
- D. Judgment Upon the Wicked Leaders (11:1–15)
- E. Divine Promise of Judah's Restoration (11:16–25)
Up to this point Ezekiel's message of judgment has been directed only at the people of Israel, their pagan shrines, and their evil way of life. He has made no mention at all that God's judgment included the temple in Jerusalem, the place where God's glory resided. It is in these chapters that Ezekiel confronts the despoiling of the temple by the elders of Israel and faces the fact that God's glory will not stay there much longer.