- A. Recognition of Social Discrimination as Sin (2:1–9)
- B. Operation of the Law of Liberty (2:10–13)
- C. Faith Reaching Out in Acts of Mercy (2:14–26)
- D. Critical Selection of Teachers (3:1–12)
- E. Crucial Exercise of Wisdom (3:13–18)
Christian faith is radically personal but also inescapably corporate. This section of the homily focuses on the gathered community, for it opens with a consideration of conduct in the meeting and continues with a concern for the consequence of teaching. The former may have in view leaders or the membership in general and has to do with maintaining the true spirit in the community. The latter cautions individuals who aspire to be leaders and has to do with sustaining the community with wisdom from above.