Keyword search results
- Genesis 8:10
He waited seven more days and again sent out the dove from the ark.
- Genesis 8:12
He waited seven more days and sent the dove out again, but this time it did not return to him.
- Exodus 5:20
When they left Pharaoh, they found Moses and Aaron waiting to meet them,
- Exodus 24:14
He said to the elders, “Wait here for us until we come back to you. Aaron and Hur are with you, and anyone involved in a dispute can go to them.”
- Leviticus 12:4
Then the woman must wait thirty-three days to be purified from her bleeding. She must not touch anything sacred or go to the sanctuary until the days of her purification are over.
- Leviticus 12:5
If she gives birth to a daughter, for two weeks the woman will be unclean, as during her period. Then she must wait sixty-six days to be purified from her bleeding.
- Numbers 9:8
Moses answered them, “Wait until I find out what the Lord commands concerning you.”
- Deuteronomy 19:11
But if out of hate someone lies in wait, assaults and kills a neighbor, and then flees to one of these cities,
- Joshua 8:9
Then Joshua sent them off, and they went to the place of ambush and lay in wait between Bethel and Ai, to the west of Ai—but Joshua spent that night with the people.
- Joshua 18:3
So Joshua said to the Israelites: “How long will you wait before you begin to take possession of the land that the Lord, the God of your ancestors, has given you?
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 8 Results
Wait for the Lord
; be strong and take heart and wait
for the Lord
- WAITING » Those who engage in » Wait upon him only (Psalms 62:5)
- TROUBLE » INSTANCES OF » When Moses waited upon the mountain (Exodus 32:1)
- DEACON » (Servant, waiter)
- EATING » The host acting as waiter (Genesis 18:8)
- JESUS, THE CHRIST » PARABLES OF » The servants waiting for their Lord (Luke 12:35-40)
- PAUL » Waits at Tyre for seven days; is brought on his way by the disciples to the outskirts of the city; kneels down and prays; boards the ship; comes to Ptolemais; greets the brethren, and stays for one day (Acts 21:4-7)
- SEVEN » DAYS » Paul waits at Tyre for (Acts 21:4)
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.