Passage lookup results
- Book of 1 Thessalonians
- Book of 2 Thessalonians
[ Eye for Eye ] “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.
Keyword search results
- Matthew 5:39
But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.
- Luke 6:29
If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them.
Topical index results 410 Results
- AHAB » King of Israel » Other wickedness of (2 Kings 3:2; 2 Chronicles 21:6;22:3,4; Micah 6:16)
- AMBASSADORS » Other references to (Proverbs 13:17; Isaiah 18:2;30:4;33:7;36:11;39:1,2; Luke)
- ARMIES » March in ranks » Soldiers destroy each other to escape captivity (1 Samuel 14:20;31:4-6)
- BARNABAS » A Levite who gave his possessions to be owned in common with other disciples (Acts 4:36,37)
- BRASS » Articles made of » Altar, vessels, and other articles of the tabernacle and temple (Exodus 38:28-31; 1 Kings 7:14-47; Ezra 8:27)
- CAIAPHAS » Peter and other disciples accused before (Acts 4:1-22)
- CANDLESTICK » OF THE TEMPLE » Taken with other spoils to Babylon (Jeremiah 52:19)
- CAPTIVE » Other indignities to (Isaiah 20:4)
- CHIDING » Isaac and Laban chide each other (Genesis 31:26-42)
- CHURCH AND STATE » STATE SUPERIOR TO RELIGION » David, in organizing the priests and Levites in courses, and appointing musicians, instruments, and other details of religious services (1 Chronicles 23;;; 2 Chronicles 35:4)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.