Keyword search results
- Exodus 34:6
And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness,
- Numbers 14:18
‘The Lord is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.’
- Nehemiah 9:17
They refused to listen and failed to remember the miracles you performed among them. They became stiff-necked and in their rebellion appointed a leader in order to return to their slavery. But you are a forgiving God, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love. Therefore you did not desert them,
- Psalm 86:15
But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.
- Psalm 103:8
The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.
- Psalm 145:8
The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.
- Joel 2:13
Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.
- Jonah 4:2
He prayed to the Lord, “Isn’t this what I said, Lord, when I was still at home? That is what I tried to forestall by fleeing to Tarshish. I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity.
- Nahum 1:3
The Lord is slow to anger but great in power; the Lord will not leave the guilty unpunished. His way is in the whirlwind and the storm, and clouds are the dust of his feet.
Topical index results 404 Results
A prophecy concerning Nineveh. The book of the vision of Nahum the Elkoshite. [ The Lord’s Anger Against Nineveh
] The Lord
is a jealous and avenging God; the Lord
takes vengeance and is filled with wrath. The Lord
takes vengeance on his foes and vents his wrath against his enemies. The Lord
is slow to anger
but great in power; the Lord
will not leave the guilty unpunished. His way is in the whirlwind and the storm, and clouds are the dust of his feet. ...
- ANGER » ANGER OF GOD (Exodus 22:24;32:10;33:5; Numbers 11:1,10,33;12:9;14:11)
- ANTHROPOMORPHISMS » MISCELLANEOUS ACTS AND STATES OF MIND ATTRIBUTED T » See also ANGER OF GOD
- APOSTLES » Slow to receive Jesus, as Messiah (Matthew 14:33)
- BALAAM » Anger of, rebuked by his ass (Numbers 22:22-35; 2 Peter 2:16)
- DUST » Casting of, in anger (2 Samuel 16:13)
- ELIEL » Son of Toah (2 Chronicles 6:34)
- FALSEHOOD » INSTANCES OF » The Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, slow bellies (Titus 1:12)
- FEAR OF GOD » CONSPICUOUS INSTANCES OF THOSE WHO FEARED » Phinehas, in turning away the anger of God at the time of the plague (Numbers 25:11; with25:6-15)
- GOD » Anger of » See ANGER OF GOD
- ISH-TOB » See TOB
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.