Passage lookup results
- Book of 1 Samuel
- Book of 2 Samuel
Keyword search results
- 1 Samuel 1:1
[ The Birth of Samuel ] There was a certain man from Ramathaim, a Zuphite from the hill country of Ephraim, whose name was Elkanah son of Jeroham, the son of Elihu, the son of Tohu, the son of Zuph, an Ephraimite.
- 1 Samuel 1:20
So in the course of time Hannah became pregnant and gave birth to a son. She named him Samuel, saying, “Because I asked the Lord for him.”
- 1 Samuel 1:21
[ Hannah Dedicates Samuel ] When her husband Elkanah went up with all his family to offer the annual sacrifice to the Lord and to fulfill his vow,
- 1 Samuel 2:18
But Samuel was ministering before the Lord—a boy wearing a linen ephod.
- 1 Samuel 2:21
And the Lord was gracious to Hannah; she gave birth to three sons and two daughters. Meanwhile, the boy Samuel grew up in the presence of the Lord.
- 1 Samuel 2:26
And the boy Samuel continued to grow in stature and in favor with the Lord and with people.
- 1 Samuel 3:1
[ The Lord Calls Samuel ] The boy Samuel ministered before the Lord under Eli. In those days the word of the Lord was rare; there were not many visions.
- 1 Samuel 3:3
The lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was lying down in the house of the Lord, where the ark of God was.
- 1 Samuel 3:4
Then the Lord called Samuel. Samuel answered, “Here I am.”
- 1 Samuel 3:6
Again the Lord called, “Samuel!” And Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, “Here I am; you called me.” “My son,” Eli said, “I did not call; go back and lie down.”
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 77 Results
1 Samuel 3
[ The Lord Calls Samuel
] The boy Samuel
ministered before the Lord
under Eli. In those days the word of the Lord
was rare; there were not many visions. One night Eli, whose eyes were becoming so weak that he could barely see, was lying down in his usual place. The lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel
was lying down in the house of the Lord
, where the ark of God was. ...
- ABIA » Son of Samuel (1 Samuel 8:1-5; 1 Chronicles 6:28)
- AGAG » A king of the Amalekites, taken prisoner by Saul, and killed by Samuel (1 Samuel 15:8,33)
- ALTAR » Built by Samuel (1 Samuel 7:17)
- AMASAI » A Levite and ancestor of Samuel (1 Chronicles 6:25,35)
- BEER-SHEBA » The most southern city of Palestine » Two sons of Samuel were judges at (1 Samuel 8:2)
- BENJAMIN » TRIBE OF » Its rank during the time of Samuel (1 Samuel 9:21)
- BETH-EL » A city north of Jerusalem » By Samuel (1 Samuel 7:16)
- CALL » TO SPECIAL RELIGIOUS DUTY » SAMUEL (1 Samuel 3:4-10)
- CHILDREN » Dedicated to God in infancy » Samuel (1 Samuel 1:24-28)
- CHILDREN » Early piety of » Samuel (1 Samuel 2:18;)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.