Passage lookup results
- Book of 1 Samuel
- Book of 2 Samuel
Keyword search results
- 1 Samuel 1:1
[ The Birth of Samuel ] There was a certain man from Ramathaim, a Zuphite from the hill country of Ephraim, whose name was Elkanah son of Jeroham, the son of Elihu, the son of Tohu, the son of Zuph, an Ephraimite.
- 1 Samuel 1:20
So in the course of time Hannah became pregnant and gave birth to a son. She named him Samuel, saying, “Because I asked the Lord for him.”
- 1 Samuel 1:21
[ Hannah Dedicates Samuel ] When her husband Elkanah went up with all his family to offer the annual sacrifice to the Lord and to fulfill his vow,
- 1 Samuel 2:18
But Samuel was ministering before the Lord—a boy wearing a linen ephod.
- 1 Samuel 2:21
And the Lord was gracious to Hannah; she gave birth to three sons and two daughters. Meanwhile, the boy Samuel grew up in the presence of the Lord.
- 1 Samuel 2:26
And the boy Samuel continued to grow in stature and in favor with the Lord and with people.
- 1 Samuel 3:1
[ The Lord Calls Samuel ] The boy Samuel ministered before the Lord under Eli. In those days the word of the Lord was rare; there were not many visions.
- 1 Samuel 3:3
The lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was lying down in the house of the Lord, where the ark of God was.
- 1 Samuel 3:4
Then the Lord called Samuel. Samuel answered, “Here I am.”
- 1 Samuel 3:6
Again the Lord called, “Samuel!” And Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, “Here I am; you called me.” “My son,” Eli said, “I did not call; go back and lie down.”
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 77 Results
- ABIA » Son of Samuel (1 Samuel 8:1-5; 1 Chronicles 6:28)
- AGAG » A king of the Amalekites, taken prisoner by Saul, and killed by Samuel (1 Samuel 15:8,33)
- ALTAR » Built by Samuel (1 Samuel 7:17)
- AMASAI » A Levite and ancestor of Samuel (1 Chronicles 6:25,35)
- BEER-SHEBA » The most southern city of Palestine » Two sons of Samuel were judges at (1 Samuel 8:2)
- BENJAMIN » TRIBE OF » Its rank during the time of Samuel (1 Samuel 9:21)
- BETH-EL » A city north of Jerusalem » By Samuel (1 Samuel 7:16)
- CALL » TO SPECIAL RELIGIOUS DUTY » SAMUEL (1 Samuel 3:4-10)
- CHILDREN » Dedicated to God in infancy » Samuel (1 Samuel 1:24-28)
- CHILDREN » Early piety of » Samuel (1 Samuel 2:18;)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.